VOLUMAT™ 240P/200 (4) is a needle-punched multi-layer fabric comprising a 240 gsm fabric and a 200 gsm mat. VOLUMAT™ is used in pultrusion processes, most notably to manufacture large parts requiring mechanical properties.
Total weight: 440 gsm
Fibres orientation: 0°/90° (BT)
Warp Glass : 160 gsm - 2.6 ends/cm - 600 tex
Weft Glass : 80 gsm - 2.5 ends/cm - 320 tex
CSM1 Weight: 200 gsm
Width(s): 125 cm - 120 cm cut edge
Roll Length: 100 ml
- Adds volume to the reinforcement to obtain thicker parts.
- Dedicated to parts with sharp angles, as high volume fibers of VOLUMAT™ allows optimum filling of critical areas.
- Woven roving brings transverse mechanical strength to finished products.
- Does not fray during processing which gives a better surface aspect than most of other reinforcements like CFM.
VOLUMAT™ Aspect specificity:
- Improve the surface appearance of profiles,
- Creates a barrier against UV or chemical attack,
- Saves preparation time (fabric + veil in one step).