VOLUMAT™ 320P/300 (4) is a needle-punched multi-layer product comprising a 320 gsm fabric and a 300 gsm mat. VOLUMAT™ is used in pultrusion processes, most notably to manufacture large parts requiring mechanical properties.
Total weight: 620 gsm
Fibres orientation: 0°/90° (BT)
Warp Glass : 156 gsm - 2.6 ends/cm - 600 tex
Weft Glass : 164 gsm - 2.7 ends/cm - 600 tex
CSM1 Weight: 300 gsm
Width(s): 125 cm - 120 cm cut edge
Roll Length: 100 ml
- Adds volume to the reinforcement to obtain thicker parts.
- Dedicated to parts with sharp angles, as high volume fibers of VOLUMAT™ allows optimum filling of critical areas.
- Woven roving brings transverse mechanical strength to finished products.
- Does not fray during processing which gives a better surface aspect than most of other reinforcements like CFM.
VOLUMAT™ Aspect specificity:
- Improve the surface appearance of profiles,
- Creates a barrier against UV or chemical attack,
- Saves preparation time (fabric + veil in one step).