Tapes are woven with continuous fiber with loop selvedges. They may be balanced or unidirectional, fixed or not, made using glass, polyester, aramid or other fibers. Like woven fabrics different patterns are possible.
Advantages are numerous:
- Width can be adapted to your need.
- Easy to manipulate, no edge fraying.
- Specially adapted to UD warp.
- Possibility to add fixation for a better handling and higher mechanical resistance.
- Easy to mix different fibers (carbon, glass, aramid, flax or basalt).