G-PLY™ FX Q872 T3,5/1 is a quadraxial 0°/+45°/-45°/90° 894 gsm glass NCF. An adhesive coating of 10 g/m² gives it a self-adhesive function.
FX benefits are numerous:
- FX is a facilitator of reinforcement positioning and ease lay-up of vertical sections.
- Consistent quality:
- FX offers weight regularity, the risk of delamination is controlled.
- mechanical performance (Interlaminar Shear Strength) is optimal.
- Lay-up quality is improved.
- Environmental friendly:
- FX emits no Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) so it contributes to better working conditions in user facilities.
- Time and cost saving:
- FX facilitates the lay-up of parts, saving time and reducing the manufacturing costs.
This multiaxial fabric is intended in particular for the Marine industry, primarily for infusion processes but also for HLU processes.
Total weight: 904 gsm
Fibres orientation: 0°/+45°/-45°/90° (QX)
0°: 236 gsm - 1200 tex
+45° : 217 gsm - 300 tex
-45° : 217 gsm - 300 tex
90°: 213 gsm - 600 tex
Coating - Type: Hot melt
Coating - Weight: 10 gsm
Assembly: Stitching Tricot Polyester 3.5mm
Width(s): 127 cm
Roll Length: 85 ml
Compared to a woven roving, the specific structure of G-PLY™ with its successive stacking of layers of yarn, without interlacing, provides:
- Better mechanical properties.
- Optimized resin flow during infusion.
- Improved surface appearance: less resin rich areas.