Chomarat offers 2 solutions to help the lay-up of reinforcement in closed mould processes.
1- FX : facilitator of reinforcement positioning
FX is an adhesive solution which enables the positioning of Chomarat glass reinforcement products.
FX is a key function to ease the production of large parts with complex geometries in closed mould processes. It is well suited for markets like marine and transportation.
FX benefits are numerous:
- FX is a facilitator of reinforcement positioning and ease lay-up of vertical sections.
- Consistent quality:
- FX offers weight regularity, the risk of delamination is controlled versus spray as too much glue can affect the laminate.
- mechanical performance (Interlaminar Shear Strength) is optimal.
- Lay-up quality is improved.
- Environmental friendly:
- FX emits no Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) so it contributes to better working conditions in user facilities.
- Time and cost saving:
- FX facilitates the lay-up of parts, saving time and reducing the manufacturing costs.
The adhesive can be placed on a single side or both.
2- Easytape & Easytape²
Easytape is a range of glass tapes coated on one or both sides.
Easytape maintains reinforcement into the mold and is specially adapted for large parts and complex/vertical geometries e.g. for wind mill blades or in the marine market.
- Easytape can be placed in specific zones.
- No solvent emissions when laying.
- Compatible with UP, EP and VE.